Providing women with the tools and resources they need to be successful entrepreneurs...

Women In Gear: School of Makeup Artistry
We are here to see you succeed!


Friday, March 8, 2013

What does International Women’s Day mean to you?

International Women's Day has been around since 1908 during a time of abundant growth in the industrial world, during this time we saw a booming population growth and the rise of different philosophies, amongst those was a need for a the female voice to challenge current ideas and begin a campaign for change.
So what does International Women’s Day mean to you? Do you see it as a day to champion your fellow females or do you see it as a day to give rise to ideas that you have been thinking about. Maybe today you just want to make it a day to support a service that assists other women less fortunate than yourself. To some it is to recognize international abuses taken against women suffering in the world. To others it is the day to celebrate the freedom of choice or maybe the right to life. To some of the women I speak to it is the day to reflect on those women who are suffering unexplained discrimination.  
To me it means opportunity. A world where opportunities are endless and women have the ability to explore them, challenge them and change them.
Don’t get me wrong I am not a feminist, I am an opportunist. Let’s repeat this one more time. I am not a feminist!  I do however want the same opportunities that are available to men to be available to women. I want to explore all the possibilities available and know that I have the same opportunity to achieve them as any other person out there looking at the same possibilities.
Opportunity is having the same options available to me as to any other person walking through the door. Whether I decide that I want to be a CEO of a high tech company or I decide that a career in War Correspondence is my destiny. I want a world where I know my daughter can decide to be whatever she wants to be. My idea of International Women’s Day is this.
~ If she can Dream it: Then she can achieve it~
Cheers,
Toni

Women In Gear: What does International Women’s Day mean to you? womeningear.blogspot.com/2013/03/what-d…

No comments:

Post a Comment