Providing women with the tools and resources they need to be successful entrepreneurs...

Women In Gear: School of Makeup Artistry
We are here to see you succeed!


Saturday, January 16, 2010

Personal Motivation

Recently, I have been contemplating what motivates me? What makes me rise from bed each morning and put my feet on the floor, grab that cup of coffee and begin my day? What gets me inspired to jump into each day with a sense of purpose and conscious living? These thoughts may have been swirling around for months in my head or maybe it was the New Year ringing in that prompted these thoughts about what inspires me. It could have been the realization that what motivated me a few years ago is not really what motivates me today.

Up until last year my motivation was prompted by my children, for the past 24 years I have lived a full and busy life raising my family. I think as a mother this was part of my reality. I got up each morning and put my feet on the floor with a sense of real purpose and I lived my productive life because I had others counting on me. I was encouraged by others to live the best life I could live and to be as dynamic and purposeful as I could be.

Now let’s look at my current situation! My oldest son left 6 years ago for the Air Force and has announced this past week he is engaged. He lives 3000 miles across the country. My Daughter left for college this past year and has moved out of the house, we are still very close and have lots of contact but she does not live in my house. My youngest son is close to graduating from High School, has a part time job and is rarely around even to visit 1 hour per week. You know the drill we text more than we talk…So where does this leave me, where do I now assess what motivates me.

I have decided to evaluate this topic in the coming months, discover the purpose and principle of my life and how that purpose is an ever evolving theme based on my life and its atmosphere and situations. I don’t really believe as others do that once I find my purpose that I shall spend my life seeking to satisfy this passion, I do believe that my purpose or motivation will be an ever evolving component. I hope to share with you the reader my discoveries of what really does motivate me. I hope you enjoy following along and maybe doing some self exploration along the way.

What about you?

• What's currently in your life that you feel is changing?

• What's not in your life that you would like to have?

• How much do you want your life to change, or not change?

• Do you want to determine what is your purpose and motivation?

Stay tuned as we explore how to understand and realize our own personal motivation and where we find it. I’m sure it is inside all of us.

A

No comments:

Post a Comment