Providing women with the tools and resources they need to be successful entrepreneurs...

Women In Gear: School of Makeup Artistry
We are here to see you succeed!


Monday, June 15, 2015

Business Organization On-the-Go

Running a business is difficult enough but running a business while you are traveling requires careful planning and staying organized on-the-go can be relatively challenging. Technology gives us the flexibly to run our businesses from just about anywhere and selling our products has never been easier. But how do we stay organized with so much to do and where do we go to find the resources we need to stay connected and on track?
Here are a few tips to make running your small business on-the-go a little easier.

Invest in the right hardware and mobile devices that you will need to access your online business accounts. This essential element can pay off for you long after the initial investment, but only buy the hardware you need. In most cases a good smartphone may be all you need to stay well connected.

Download the right software apps to assist in your business needs.

You will need a good photo editing app like WordSwag, BeFunky or PicMonkey to create professional pics and collages.

You will need an online calendar to remind you of those essential meeting or conference calls you will be attending. I use Jorte Calendar and organizer but there are many many may online calendar apps to keep your calendar organized.

You will need an online file sharing app such as Dropbox, Evernote or Google Drive to access docs and or pictures.

You will need a payment processing app or device. I use SquareCard Reader but paypal has a new payment processing device called PaypalHere and intuit has a reader device called GoReader.

You may need an online auto posting app to post to all your social media while you are on-the-go. I use Pagemodo for my auto posting to my facebook business pages and even to my personal page when needed. I do not like to go more than one day without posting. Here is a short list of auto posting apps. Hootsuite, Tweetdeck and Buffer.

Office supplies are still needed even on-the-go, in fact they are even more essential. I never leave home without my three ring binder and my notebook with pockets for receipts and notes and business cards I collect. Pens in two colors as well as a small stapler and push pins. I never leave home without my push pins. How else do I hang-up my blitz card to a cork board. And never ever leave home without your business cards and a small stack of catalogs if you have them. I have kicked myself many times for never having enough of these items.

Set a schedule for yourself with regular office hours, then stick to your daily business routine and focus on your to-do list each day. Once you write it down you are seven times more likely to complete it then if you don't.

Staying organized is essential for your success and even more important when you are on-the-go. Becoming a mobile entrepreneur is easy. Staying a mobile entrepreneur requires attention to the details and a great ability to stay on top of all the required aspects.

Cheers,

Toni








No comments:

Post a Comment